The term medical malpractice is any error that is made by a medical professional that results in personal injury or wrongful death. Medical negligence is when any medical professional or entity fails to meet the medical profession's standards.
Medical malpractice cases may be warranted if there has been:
- Failure to diagnose or inform a patient of their diagnosis
- Errors in prescribing medication
- Improper or unnecessary diagnosis
- Surgical errors and surgical equipment left inside a patient
- Lack of informed consent (patients should be adequately informed by medical staff before they undergo any medical procedures)
Birth Injuries and Medical Malpractice
Some causes of birth injury that are caused by medical malpractice are:
- Negligent monitoring and failure to timely detect fetal distress
- Inducing labor contractions and additional stress on the fetus by administering Pitocin or other drugs at a time when the fetus is already in distress
- Failure to timely perform a Cesarean Section
If you or your family has been touched by the tragedy of a child birth injury, please call us, toll free, at 1-888-514-7555 for a free consultation or contact us by submitting our online form or by sending an email. It can be challenging to find the right attorney to handle these complex cases. Our law firm helps victims of birth trauma and medical malpractice find firms that focus on this unique area of practice. We will do our best to help you or refer you to a birth injury attorney in your area who can.